Friday, July 25, 2008

Stopover

I'm currently sitting in Taiwan airport waiting for our flight to Hong Kong. It's nice to know that we will only be sitting on the plane for an hour and a half. Before we went away Gill (Jordan's mum) said 'I wonder when it is that people stop being excited by air travel?' I think the answer to that could be 'after having to do three fairly long flights in 24 hours.'

Anyway, we had a pleasent, albeit breif, stay in Taiwan. We got in late and were met at the airport by Tom ( a friend of Jordan's mum). We decided to go for a quick drink in a bar before heading home with a rather large can of beer each. Today we just hung around Nan Kan which is a small town outside of Taipei. Sadly, we didn't have the time to get into Taipei to see the 101 (the current tallest building in the world). After a rather hair raising taxi ride, we managed to get to the airport with time to spare.

I will hopefully post something after we have been in Hong Kong for a few days but I have no idea what the situation will be at the guesthouse - we will have to venture out and find an internet cafe.

Only two weeks until we get home and in a way I am looking forward to being back and seeing everyone again. I'm sure you'll all scoff at me saying that all this travelling and sightseeing can be fairly tiring... although in my defense it is around 30-35 degrees round these parts.

No comments: